1. “…a new pro-Israel ad denouncing Jihad as ‘savage’ is set to make its debut on New York City’s subway system next week. The ad states: ‘In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man.’ It adds, ‘Support Israel. Defeat Jihad,’ in between two Stars of David.
2….the ad was initially rejected for its ‘demeaning’ language, but is now expected to appear at 10 subway stations. A Manhattan federal court judge ruled in July that the MTA violated the First Amendment rights of the ad’s sponsor, The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), and must let the ad appear, NBCNewYork.com report.
3. ….ad has already appeared on public buses in San Francisco, in August. The transit agency there, the Muni, said it would donate the $3,400 ad revenue to the city’s Human Rights Commission and placed an ad next to AFDI’s message to say ‘Muni doesn’t support this message.’
4. Pamela Geller, executive director of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, said in an email to the Times that transit officials in Washington were ‘kowtowing to the threat of jihad terrorism.’…she said. ‘I will never cower before violent intimidation and stop telling the truth because doing so is dangerous,’ Geller said. ‘Freedom must be vigorously defended.’
5. The Southern Poverty Law Center branded Geller ‘the anti-Muslim movement’s most visible and flamboyant figurehead’ and AFDI as a hate group.
The Anti-Defamation League said in March that Geller ‘fuels and fosters anti-Muslim bigotry in society.’
Muneer Awad, the executive director of the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told the Times the ads were an attempt to ‘define Muslims’ through hate speech.
And,…in a related story:
6. “On the other hand, if you can afford to shell out several hundred bucks for a seat, then you can watch a Mormon missionary get his holy book stuffed—well, I can’t tell you about that, either. Let’s just say it has New York City audiences roaring with laughter.”
The ‘Book of Mormon’—a performance of which Hillary Clinton attended last year, without registering a complaint—comes to mind as the administration falls over itself denouncing ‘Innocence of Muslims.’
7. The film, the administration says, is “hateful and offensive” (Susan Rice), “reprehensible and disgusting” (Jay Carney) and, in a twist, “disgusting and reprehensible” (Hillary Clinton).
8. In the consensus view of modern American liberalism, it is hilarious to mock Mormons and Mormonism but outrageous to mock Muslims and Islam.
9. … it’s okay for the federal government publicly to call on Google to pull the video clip from YouTube in an attempt to mollify rampaging Islamists. That it’s okay to concede the fundamentalist premise that religious belief ought to be entitled to the highest possible degree of social deference—except when Mormons and sundry Christian rubes are concerned.
10. … That the most “progressive” administration in recent U.S. history will make no principled defense of free speech.”
If you’re up to it….The Onion had one of the most obscene cartoons designed to make the same point as the WSJ did….
…called “No One Murdered Because Of This Image”
View if you wish (NSFW).
I am so very sick of Progressive hypocrisy….